We’ve all seen the pictures of little girls at Walt Disney World with buns and crowns smiling their biggest smile, right? As Disney experiences go, a Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique makeover has to be near the top for most little want-to-be-princesses.
On our first trip to Disney World when my daughter was just two, I knew that this was something we HAD to do the next time we visited. Since that trip, she’s gone to Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique several times (more than I should probably admit), and each time it’s one of the highlights of our trip for her.
So how do you get your daughter in? What about your son? I’m sharing everything you need to know below:
- Reservations for Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique (“BBB”) open 180 days (6 months) in advance and fill quickly, so get online on the 180 day mark to grab one. If your plans change, you can cancel your reservation up to 24 hours beforehand with no penalty.
- In Florida, there are two BBB locations. One is in Cinderella’s castle in Magic Kingdom, and it’s pretty magical. The other is located in Disney Springs and could be a great option for a non-park day (no ticket required for Disney Springs)! Reservations for either location can be made online, and some of the packages are slightly cheaper at the Disney Springs location.
- Yes, there is a $200 package, but you DO NOT have to spend this much to have a great experience! My daughter always does the lowest package, which includes hair with small crown, makeup, nails, sash and bag, and then we bring our own princess dress from home. This package costs less than half of the biggest package and still feels amazingly special! Remember, though, to explain to your child beforehand that you will not be purchasing a new dress so that she can set her expectations accordingly.
- What about the boys? BBB offers a knight package for relatively little money (I think it’s $20), which includes hair gel and glitter, a sword and a shield. You can pay more and get a full costume, but the small package has always been great for my boys when they were young.
- While you will have a reservation time, be prepared to wait. We have always had to wait at least 20 minutes past our time, so think about bringing a snack or activity.
- Want to get a great castle shot of your child after their makeover without tons of people in the background? Try getting one from the carousel side or one of the sidewalks on the side!
- BBB is available to kids aged 3-12, and an adult must stay with them throughout the experience.
- Can’t get a reservation at BBB? Ivy Trellis Salon in the Grand Floridian also offers three princess packages, which can be a great alternative. But make your reservations well in advance!
We love Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique, and I’m honestly sad that my daughter is close to aging out of this fun experience. If you take a little prince or princess to Walt Disney World, I highly recommend grabbing a reservation here!